Saturday, October 11, 2014

monky on the top corner

monkey 
 I was knitting some squares while watching tv, I even put the   knitting  back after dinner, but a thunderstorm rolled in and it got too dark to  knit without light, the inverter crushed and I came out of the room then there were many monkeys in our backyard, I turned in to have my phone   to take photos of monkies. It got too dark to take photos and with the shouts of neighbors they run away too far. Any how I captured one photo  it’s too far…….. I'll do that later some day. the pic is displayed underneath:
"Two Monkeys By Brueghel":
I keep dreaming of my graduation exam:
in a window sit two chained monkeys,
beyond the window floats the sky,
and the sea splashes.
I am taking an exam on the history of mankind:
I stammer and flounder.
One monkey, eyes fixed upon me, listens ironically,
the other seems to be dozing--
and when silence follows a question,
he prompts me
with a soft jingling of the chain.

(trans. From Polish by Magnus Kyrski)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment